Tibetan American Foundation of Minnesota’s (TAFM) operation depends on financial support from the Tibetan community and its supporters. Your annual membership fees help the TAFM organize its many programs and add to the richness of Twin Cities’ cultural diversity. TAFM’s basic membership fee is $36 annually. A tier system membership is also available as described in this Membership form.
Ever since the inception of the TAFM in 1992, members have been paying an annual membership dues to meet the operational costs of the foundations center and its many activities. Basic membership fee of $36 was approved by the members in a General Body meeting several years ago. At various social, cultural or religious events, TAFM initiates Membership Drive to register new members. We encourage current members to reach out to their friends and relatives to become members.
The survival of the Tibetan identity and culture in the state of Minnesota depends very much on our allegiance and membership to the organization.
Membership Level and Fee:
- $36 – Basic Membership
- $75 – Supporter
- $150 – Benefactor
- $300 – Patron
- Cover the expenses of the Tibetan Community Culture Center maintenance. For example, electricity/power bill alone comes to an average of $700.00 each month.
- Pay for office expenses – stationary, furniture and staff salary.
- Invite religious scholars and prominent Tibetan personnel to Minnesota greet-and-talk programs with the Tibetan Community.
- Bring lectures, seminars and workshops beneficial to the community.
Benefits of Paying Membership Dues:
- I am the TAFM! I own the Center! Let’s pay for its upkeep.
- Voting right – Members enjoy voting right to participate in the election of TAFM Board of Directors. Members must have both TAFM membership and Dhanglang Chatrel (Green Book) dues paid to date to be eligible as voting members.
- Receive reduced fees for Tibetan Culture School and Performing Arts enrollment for your children.
- Discount entry fees for events as designated by TAFM Board of Directors.
- Discount TAFM hall rental ($600.00 for members/$750.00 for non-members) for personal use like birthdays, graduations and others deemed proper by TAFM.
How to Pay for Membership Dues:
Visit TAFM office and register in person. Tibetans and non-Tibetan friends are welcome to visit our office during business hours of Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. New comers to the Twin Cities who are interested to be part of the TAFM are welcome to tour our facility and be guided by our office manager.
- Tibetan members can also contact Board of Directors (contact link) or the Area Coordinators (contact link) for membership, Green book dues and any TAFM related information.
- We have started an online pilot program to reach out to more Tibetans and supporters in the Twin Cities. Through www.razoo.com/story/Tafm, we can now donate your contribution. Razoo sends us the payment once a month. For disclosure purpose, Razoo will keep 2.9% of the contribution for processing fee.
- For further information, contact:
Tsultrim Thartse, TAFM Membership Chair, Ph: 651-600-8007 email@example.com
Tenzing Sherap, TAFM Office Manager, Ph: 651-917-9556, firstname.lastname@example.org